WAC Lighting HR-8401E
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for Remodel Construction - Non-IC Rated
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
- Recessed Trims Recommended
This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, airtight / non-IC rated housing with an integrated electronic transformer that accommodates a 120 volt input and is meant for remodel construction projects.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 4.5625"
- For use with 4" trims
- J-Box and transformer are accessible through the ceiling
- Suitable for "shallow" joist installations
- Supplied thermal protection against over-lamping
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- Non-IC-Rated - this housing must have a 3" clearance from any insulation when being installed
- Utilizes MR16 50W lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in damp locations
- Integrated electronic transformer
- 120V input with a 50 watt max output
- 1 watt minimum load
- Advanced auto-reset, soft start and short circuit protection
- Dimming - transformer can be dimmed with electronic low voltage (ELV) dimmer
- Housing is 20 gauge galvanized steel that is painted black
- Electrical components within the can are a bi-pin ceramic socket with nickel plating and 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Three knockouts and four Romex style wiring connectors provided for ease of installation
- Rated for chain wiring
- Two heavy gauge inner retention clips push out onto ceiling or other mounting surface to firmly hold housing into place
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued.
Recessed Lighting BasicsDon't let the thought of recessed lighting overwhelm you. Let...
Recessed Lighting Basics
Don't let the thought of recessed lighting overwhelm you. Let us quickly walk you through the basics of recessed lighting and prepare you for your project.