Why Landscape Lighting?
- Safety: Good lighting on steps, walks and driveways help avoid accidents
- Security: Floodlighting and other landscape lighting will deter prowlers and vandals
- Investment: Grounds which are dramatically lighted at night look like a luxurious estate, increasing the resale value of your property
- Show off the beauty of your home after dark
- Highlight favorite flowers and shrubs
- Dramatize trees, pool, fountains and masonry texture
- Accent statuary and other focal points
- Relax in your backyard or entertain on your patio or deck
Why Use Low Voltage & What Is It?
Voltage = the measurement of the rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit. A typical outlet is rated and should be 120V or what's known as 'line voltage'.
Low voltage is typically rated at 12 volts.
A 12-volt system, which requires a transformer, has a number of advantages for the average or smaller property:
- Simple do-it-yourself project; lower overall cost
- More energy-efficient and often more light output per watt
- Little or no risk of shock or other electrical hazard
- Minimum disturbance to lawn and garden (Cable can be buried without conduit and junction boxes or it can be left above ground)
- Easy relocation of fixtures when desired