|Collection||4-Inch Recessed Housings|
|Housing Type||Remodel Housing|
|Light Direction||Down Lighting|
|Shallow Ceiling Compatible||Yes|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Remodel Recessed Lighting Shallow Air Tight Housing
Small sized downlight is compact enough to fit in 2x6 joist installations, allowing these to be used in "shallow" such as multi-story dwellings or where attic space is used for storage.
- Description: Line voltage remodel shallow housing.
- Materials: Housing is 20 gauge steel, painted white. Frame, junction box is heavy gauge galvanized steel.
- Mounting: Clips allow easy removal of housing. Accommodates surface thickness of up to 1". 4 7/16" cutout hole.
- Ratings: Non-IC rated. Insulation must be kept at least 3" away from the housing.
- J-Box: Seven knockouts and four Romex(R) style wiring connectors provided for ease of installation. Rated for branch and chain wiring.
- Thermal Protection: Thermal protector supplied with R-401S-R-A protects against over-lamping.
- Listing: UL & CUL Listed. Suitable for damp locations.
- Certified Air Tight per ASTM E283.
- 5 year W.A.C. Lighting product warranty.
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All WAC Lighting Products
Our SKU: R-401S-R-A
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
If a product is defective, WAC's obligation is expressly limited to repair or replacement, without charge, at WAC's factory after prior written return authorization has been granted. WAC's obligation under this warranty shall not extend beyond the distributor's initial purchase price of the product and accordingly any consequential damages or labor costs arising out of a defect are expressly excluded.
This warranty shall not apply to products that have been altered, improperly installed, mishandled or misused. Notice of a defect in writing must be received by WAC within five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Excluded from the five (5) year warranty are all light bulbs, which are warranted to perform satisfactorily to the industry standard burning hours rating, but in no event shall such warranty exceed five (5) years from the date an account purchases product that includes light bulbs from WAC. Also excluded from the five (5) year warranty are the HID and Fluorescent ballasts, which have a warranty from the manufacturer of the ballast and WAC will not accept any responsibility or liability on the ballasts whatsoever. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.