This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, airtight / IC-Rated new construction housing that accommodates a 120 volt input with a magnetic transformer.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 4.375"
- For use with 4" trims
- J-Box and transformer are accessible through the ceiling
- Supplied thermal protector protects against over-lamping
- Dimming - may be dimmed with magnetic low voltage (MLV) dimmer
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- IC-Rated - this housing is suitable to have direct contact with insulation
- Meets Title 24 and WSEC airtight codes with RGK gasket kit (sold separately)
- Utilizes 12V/50W MR16 lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in damp locations
- The magnetic transformer is integrated into the housing with proven core and coil technology
- Accommodates 120V/277VAC 50/60Hz input
- 12V/50W max output
- Housing and junction box are 20 gauge steel
- Frame and hanger bars are heavy gauge galvanized steel
- Ceramic bi-pin socket, 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Seven knockouts and four Romex style wiring connectors are provided for ease of installation
- Rated for branch and chain wiring
- Supplied with hanger bars, adjustable from 15 to 24.5 inches to accommodate various joist construction and grid sizes.
- Hanger bars have nailers for wood joists as well as slots for easy mounting on 'T' bars.
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All WAC Lighting Products
- Shop All WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection Products
Our SKU: HR-8403H
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
3 Questions from the Community
The WAC Lighting HR-8403H is IC rated for new installations.
Is this fixture IC rated?
A. The WAC Lighting HR-8403H is IC rated for new installations.
The WAC Lighting HR-8403H is a 4" light.
Is WAC HR-8403H a 4" light?
A. The WAC Lighting HR-8403H is a 4" light.
The replacement transformer for the WAC Lighting HR-8403H is the HR-8003.
where can i get a replacement transformer?
A. The replacement transformer for the WAC Lighting HR-8403H is the HR-8003.
WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
Other Products In The WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
WAC Lighting HR-8402E
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$58.00-$58.00
WAC Lighting HR-8402H
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$54.00-$54.00
WAC Lighting R4VI-B-ICA
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$38.75-$38.75
WAC Lighting R6VI-B-ICA
6" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$45.00-$45.00
WAC Lighting HR-802
3" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$58.00-$58.00
If a product is defective, WAC's obligation is expressly limited to repair or replacement, without charge, at WAC's factory after prior written return authorization has been granted. WAC's obligation under this warranty shall not extend beyond the distributor's initial purchase price of the product and accordingly any consequential damages or labor costs arising out of a defect are expressly excluded.
This warranty shall not apply to products that have been altered, improperly installed, mishandled or misused. Notice of a defect in writing must be received by WAC within five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Excluded from the five (5) year warranty are all light bulbs, which are warranted to perform satisfactorily to the industry standard burning hours rating, but in no event shall such warranty exceed five (5) years from the date an account purchases product that includes light bulbs from WAC. Also excluded from the five (5) year warranty are the HID and Fluorescent ballasts, which have a warranty from the manufacturer of the ballast and WAC will not accept any responsibility or liability on the ballasts whatsoever. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.