|Bulb Base||Bi Pin|
|Collection||4-Inch Recessed Housings|
|Housing Type||New Construction Housing|
|Light Direction||Down Lighting|
|System Type||H Track|
|UL Rating||Dry Location|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Recessed Trims Recommended
This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, airtight / non-IC rated housing with an integrated magnetic transformer that accommodates a 120 volt input and is meant for new construction projects.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 4.375"
- For use with 4" trims
- J-Box and transformer are accessible through the ceiling
- Supplied thermal protector will protect against over-lamping
- Suitable for "shallow" joist installations
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- Non-IC Rated - this housing must have a 3" clearance from any insulation when being installed
- Utilizes MR16 50W lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in damp locations
- Integrated magnetic transformer
- 120V 50/60Hz input with a 50 watt max output
- Long-life transformer with core and coil technology
- Dimming - transformer can be dimmed with magnetic low voltage (MLV) dimmer
- Housing is 20 gauge galvanized steel that is painted black
- Frame, junction box and hanger bars are heavy gauge galvanized steel
- Electrical components within the can are a bi-pin ceramic socket with nickel plating and 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Seven knockouts with four Romex style wiring connectors provided for ease of installation
- Rated for branch and chain wiring
- Supplied with hanger bars, adjustable from 15" - 24.5" to accommodate various joist construction and grid sizes.
- Hanger bars have nailers for wood joists as well as slots for easy mounting on 'T' bars
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All WAC Lighting Products
- Shop All WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection Products
Our SKU: HR-8402H
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
2 Questions from the Community
The WAC Lighting HR-8402H is thermally insulated while the HR-8403H is just a lighting can. Also, if there is insulation present when installing the HR-8402H you must give 4" of clearance of the area. If this is the case you may want to go with HR-8403H.
What is the difference between the HR-8402H and the HR-8403H
A. The WAC Lighting HR-8402H is thermally insulated while the HR-8403H is just a lighting can. Also, if there is insulation present when installing the HR-8402H you must give 4" of clearance of the area. If this is the case you may want to go with HR-8403H.
The WAC Lighting HR-8402H housing area is 5-1/2"H x 4-1/2"W.
What are the housing dimensions?
A. The WAC Lighting HR-8402H housing area is 5-1/2"H x 4-1/2"W.
WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
Other Products In The WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
WAC Lighting MT-LED228S-27HSNIC
Multiple Spot 2700K High Output LED Recessed Light...$891.00-$891.00
WAC Lighting MT-5LD225H
Multiple Spot LED Recessed Light Housing for New C...$261.00-$261.00
WAC Lighting MT4LD211NE-S35
Precision Multiples 3500K 4" LED 2 Light New Const...$468.00-$468.00
WAC Lighting HR-LED418-N-W-EM
4" Trim 3000K High Output LED Recessed Light Housi...$450.00-$450.00
WAC Lighting MT-LED418S-27HS-WT
Multiple Spot 2700K High Output LED Recessed Light...$900.00-$900.00
If a product is defective, WAC's obligation is expressly limited to repair or replacement, without charge, at WAC's factory after prior written return authorization has been granted. WAC's obligation under this warranty shall not extend beyond the distributor's initial purchase price of the product and accordingly any consequential damages or labor costs arising out of a defect are expressly excluded.
This warranty shall not apply to products that have been altered, improperly installed, mishandled or misused. Notice of a defect in writing must be received by WAC within five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Excluded from the five (5) year warranty are all light bulbs, which are warranted to perform satisfactorily to the industry standard burning hours rating, but in no event shall such warranty exceed five (5) years from the date an account purchases product that includes light bulbs from WAC. Also excluded from the five (5) year warranty are the HID and Fluorescent ballasts, which have a warranty from the manufacturer of the ballast and WAC will not accept any responsibility or liability on the ballasts whatsoever. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.