|Bulb Base||Bi Pin|
|Collection||4-Inch Recessed Housings|
|Housing Type||Remodel Housing|
|Light Direction||Down Lighting|
|System Type||H Track|
|UL Rating||Dry Location|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Recessed Trims Recommended
This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, airtight / non-IC rated housing with an integrated magnetic transformer that accommodates a 120 volt input and is meant for remodel construction projects.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 4.375"
- For use with 4" trims
- J-Box and transformer are accessible through the ceiling
- Supplied thermal protector protects against over-lamping
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- Non-IC-Rated - this housing must have a 3" clearance from any insulation when being installed
- Meets ASTM E283 airtight codes with RGK gasket kit (sold separately)
- Utilizes MR16 50W lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in damp locations
- Integrated magnetic transformer with a 120 volt input and 50 watt maximum output
- Can be dimmed with use of magnetic low voltage (MLV) dimmer
- Housing and transformer case is 20 gauge steel painted black
- Ceramic bi-pin socket, 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Three knockouts and four Romex style wiring connectors are provided for ease of installation
- Rated for chain wiring
- Two heavy gauge inner retention clips push out onto ceiling or other mounting surface to firmly hold housing in place
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All WAC Lighting Products
- Shop All WAC Lighting Remodel Housings Collection Products
Our SKU: HR-8401H
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
2 Questions from the Community
For that kind of technical information, it will be best to consult an electrican or WAC Lighting directly.
How do I remove a defective Wac Lighting HR-8401H recessed fixture from ceiling in order to replace?
A. For that kind of technical information, it will be best to consult an electrican or WAC Lighting directly.
This housing is appropriate for your new build application.
We are doing a new build. Is this housing appropriate for a 264-wwh trim set? If not, what housing is appropriate?
A. This housing is appropriate for your new build application.
WAC Lighting Remodel Housings Collection
Other Products In The WAC Lighting Remodel Housings Collection
WAC Lighting R6VI-S-R-ICA
6" Trim Recessed Light Housing for Remodel Constru...$21.50-$21.50
WAC Lighting R4VI-R
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for Remodel Constru...$26.95-$26.95
WAC Lighting R-661S-R
6" Trim Recessed Light Housing for Remodel Constru...$13.00-$13.00
WAC Lighting HR-8401HF
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for Remodel Constru...$65.00-$65.00
WAC Lighting HR-8401E
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for Remodel Constru...$54.00-$54.00(1)
If a product is defective, WAC's obligation is expressly limited to repair or replacement, without charge, at WAC's factory after prior written return authorization has been granted. WAC's obligation under this warranty shall not extend beyond the distributor's initial purchase price of the product and accordingly any consequential damages or labor costs arising out of a defect are expressly excluded.
This warranty shall not apply to products that have been altered, improperly installed, mishandled or misused. Notice of a defect in writing must be received by WAC within five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Excluded from the five (5) year warranty are all light bulbs, which are warranted to perform satisfactorily to the industry standard burning hours rating, but in no event shall such warranty exceed five (5) years from the date an account purchases product that includes light bulbs from WAC. Also excluded from the five (5) year warranty are the HID and Fluorescent ballasts, which have a warranty from the manufacturer of the ballast and WAC will not accept any responsibility or liability on the ballasts whatsoever. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.