|Bulb Base||Bi Pin|
|Collection||3-Inch Recessed Housings|
|Housing Type||New Construction Housing|
|Light Direction||Down Lighting|
|Shallow Ceiling Compatible||Yes|
|System Type||H Track|
|UL Rating||Damp Location|
This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, airtight / non-IC rated housing with an integrated electronic transformer that accommodates a 120 volt input and is meant for new construction projects.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 3"
- For use with 2.5" trims
- J-Box and transformer are accessible through the ceiling
- Suitable for "shallow" joist installations
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- Non IC-Rated - this housing must have a 3" clearance from any insulation when being installed
- Utilizes 12V 50W lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in damp locations
- Integrated electronic transformer
- 120V input with a 50 watt max output
- 1 watt minimum load
- Advanced auto-reset, soft start and short circuit protection
- Dimming - transformer can be dimmed with electronic low voltage (ELV) dimmer
- Housing is 20 gauge steel that is painted black
- Frame and hanger bars are heavy gauge galvanized steel
- Electrical components within the can are a bi-pin ceramic socket with nickel plating and 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Three half inch knockouts for easy wire entry and exit
- Rated for chain wiring
- Supplied with hanger bars, adjustable from 12" - 24" to accommodate various joist construction and grid sizes.
- Hanger bars have slots for easy mounting on 'T' bars
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All WAC Lighting Products
- Shop All WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection Products
Our SKU: HR-802
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
1 Question from the Community
The WAC Lighting HR-802 is: Bulb Type Halogen Energy Star No Housing Type New Construction New Construction Yes Remodel No System Type H Track Transformer No UL Listed Yes Watts (Max) 50
Is this rated air tight and insulation contract?
A. The WAC Lighting HR-802 is: Bulb Type Halogen Energy Star No Housing Type New Construction New Construction Yes Remodel No System Type H Track Transformer No UL Listed Yes Watts (Max) 50
WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
Other Products In The WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
WAC Lighting HR-8402E
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$58.00-$58.00
WAC Lighting HR-8402H
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$54.00-$54.00
WAC Lighting R4VI-B-ICA
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$38.75-$38.75
WAC Lighting HR-8403H
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$86.50-$86.50
WAC Lighting HR-8402HL
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$65.00-$65.00
If a product is defective, WAC's obligation is expressly limited to repair or replacement, without charge, at WAC's factory after prior written return authorization has been granted. WAC's obligation under this warranty shall not extend beyond the distributor's initial purchase price of the product and accordingly any consequential damages or labor costs arising out of a defect are expressly excluded.
This warranty shall not apply to products that have been altered, improperly installed, mishandled or misused. Notice of a defect in writing must be received by WAC within five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Excluded from the five (5) year warranty are all light bulbs, which are warranted to perform satisfactorily to the industry standard burning hours rating, but in no event shall such warranty exceed five (5) years from the date an account purchases product that includes light bulbs from WAC. Also excluded from the five (5) year warranty are the HID and Fluorescent ballasts, which have a warranty from the manufacturer of the ballast and WAC will not accept any responsibility or liability on the ballasts whatsoever. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.