This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, non-IC rated housing with an integrated electronic transformer that accommodates a 120 volt input and is meant for new construction projects.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 3.88"
- For use with 3" trims
- J-Box and transformer are accessible through the ceiling
- Suitable for "shallow" joist installations
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- Non-IC-Rated - this housing must have a 3" clearance from any insulation when being installed
- Utilizes 12V MR16 50W lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in damp locations
- Integrated electronic transformer
- 120V input with a 50 watt max output
- 1 watt minimum load
- Compatible with SORAA MR16 LED
- Dimming - transformer can be dimmed with electronic low voltage (ELV) dimmer
- Housing is 20 gauge steel that is painted black
- Frame and hanger bars are heavy gauge galvanized steel
- Electrical components within the can are a bi-pin ceramic socket with nickel plating and 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Seven half inch knockouts and four integral Romex connectors provided for ease of installation
- Rated for branch and chain wiring
- Supplied with hanger bars, adjustable from 14.5" - 24.5" to accommodate various joist construction and grid sizes.
- Hanger bars have slots for easy mounting on 'T' bars
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All WAC Lighting Products
- Shop All WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection Products
Our SKU: HR-302E
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
1 Question from the Community
The insulation should be cut away. It should NOT be stapled back, taped back or in any other way pushed away. Those options can fail with dangerous consequences.
Non-IC...how do you adequately keep insulation 3" away from all sides of the housing?
A. The insulation should be cut away. It should NOT be stapled back, taped back or in any other way pushed away. Those options can fail with dangerous consequences.
WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
Other Products In The WAC Lighting New Construction Housings Collection
WAC Lighting HR-8402E
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$59.50-$59.50
WAC Lighting HR-8402H
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$54.00-$54.00
WAC Lighting HR-802
3" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$59.50-$59.50
WAC Lighting HR-8403H
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$86.50-$86.50
WAC Lighting HR-8402HL
4" Trim Recessed Light Housing for New Constructio...$65.00-$65.00
If a product is defective, WAC's obligation is expressly limited to repair or replacement, without charge, at WAC's factory after prior written return authorization has been granted. WAC's obligation under this warranty shall not extend beyond the distributor's initial purchase price of the product and accordingly any consequential damages or labor costs arising out of a defect are expressly excluded.
This warranty shall not apply to products that have been altered, improperly installed, mishandled or misused. Notice of a defect in writing must be received by WAC within five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Excluded from the five (5) year warranty are all light bulbs, which are warranted to perform satisfactorily to the industry standard burning hours rating, but in no event shall such warranty exceed five (5) years from the date an account purchases product that includes light bulbs from WAC. Also excluded from the five (5) year warranty are the HID and Fluorescent ballasts, which have a warranty from the manufacturer of the ballast and WAC will not accept any responsibility or liability on the ballasts whatsoever. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.