|Bulb Base||Candelabra (E12)|
|Light Direction||Down Lighting|
|Number of Bulbs||2|
|Suggested Room Fit||Outdoor|
|UL Rating||Wet Location|
|Watts Per Bulb||60|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
- Fully covered under Maxim's 3-year limited warranty
- Fixture housing constructed of a patented Vivex material - double the strength of comparable materials used in industry
- Features a globe shaped glass shade
- Fixture sends illumination in a downward direction
- Dimmable fixture - designed to work with most standard dimmer switches
- Sturdy mounting assembly keeps fixture firmly placed
- Height: 9.5" (measured from ceiling to bottom most point on fixture)
- Width: 12" (measured from furthest point left to furthest point right on fixture)
- Location Rating: Wet location / outdoor
- Input Voltage: 120 V
- Max Fixture Wattage: 120
- Watts Per Bulb: 60
- Bulb Base: Candelabra (E12)
- Bulb Type: Incandescent
- Number of Bulbs: 2
- Bulb(s) Included: No (when adding to cart bulb options will be presented)
Vivex and Innovation:
- Vivex is far superior to polyurethane resin material used in traditional outdoor lighting and has twice the strength
- Vivex withstands temperature greater than 130°F and less than -20°F
- Injection under pressure into quality steel molds makes Vivex a very hard and dense component.
- The molding process frees designers' creativity, enabling them to implement imaginative designs without the restrictions imposed by the traditional resin process.
- A special paint finishing process with superior adhesion qualities developed specifically for Vivex resulted from a joint effort between the material manufacturer, the paint manufacturer, and Maxim Lighting.
- Maxim Lighting oversees the entire Vivex production process from molding to finishing.
Bulb Base and Compatibility:
- Bulb Base - Candelabra (E12): The E12 (Edison 12mm), Candelabra Edison Screw (CES), "Candelabra" is a term for the small-based incandescent light bulbs used in luminaires made for lighting and decoration.
- Compatible Bulb Types: Nearly all bulb types can be found for the E12 Candelabra Base, options include Incandescent, Fluorescent, LED, Halogen, and Xenon / Krypton.
For over four decades Maxim Lighting has been an industry leader of new and innovative lighting designs. It is Maxim’s commitment to its customers that drives their ever evolving design options and unsurpassed quality. From ceiling fans to a wide variety of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures in both classic and contemporary styles, Maxim is a staple of unique elegance that will brighten any home.
Additional Maxim Links
Our SKU: MX 40429
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Oriental Bronze
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
2 Questions from the Community
The Maxim MX 40429 Outdoor Ceiling Fixture is 9.5"H x 12"W.
What size it this light?
A. The Maxim MX 40429 Outdoor Ceiling Fixture is 9.5"H x 12"W.
The only difference between the Maxim MX 3439 and the Maxim MX 40429 is the finish. The Vivex on the 40429 is made to withstand harsh weathers and beach air and the 3439 is made for regular average weather.
What's the difference between this item and the Maxim MX3439? Is the 3439 more likely to corrode or fade since it is not made with the Vivex material of this model?
A. The only difference between the Maxim MX 3439 and the Maxim MX 40429 is the finish. The Vivex on the 40429 is made to withstand harsh weathers and beach air and the 3439 is made for regular average weather.
Maxim Carriage House VX Collection
Other Products In The Maxim Carriage House VX Collection
Carriage House VX 1 Light Outdoor Post Light$140.00-$140.00(1)
Three Light Up Lighting Outdoor Pendant from the C...$268.00-$268.00(4)
Carriage House VX 3 Light Outdoor Post Light$184.00-$184.00(1)
Carriage House VX 3 Light Outdoor Post Light$244.00-$244.00(2)
Three Light Up Lighting Outdoor Pendant from the C...$216.00-$216.00(1)
With the exceptions listed below, Maxim Lighting International products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for ONE YEAR from date of shipment. The exceptions are:
The CounterMax™ MX-L LED Under Cabinet Lighting 87902WT/SA/MB, 87904WT/SA/MB, and 87906WT/SA/MB will be warranted for normal use for 25 years while the original purchaser owns it. Normal use means residential non-commercial use for no more than 6 hours per day in an environment that does not exceed 77°F.
The CounterMax™ MX-X12 Xenon Under Cabinet Lighting 87849WT/MB, 87851WT/MB, 87852WT/MB, 87853WT/MB, 87859WT/MB, 87861WT/MB, 87862WT/MB, 87863WT/MB will be warranted for normal use for 15 years while the original purchaser owns it. Normal use means residential non-commercial use for no more than 6 hours per day in an environment that does not exceed 77°F.
All Vivex™ outdoor fixtures will be warranted for normal use for 3 years while the original purchaser owns it.
Maxim Lighting International will, at its election, repair, replace or make appropriate adjustment where Maxim Lighting International inspection discloses any such defects occurring in normal usage within one (1) year after date of shipment. Maxim Lighting International is not responsible for removal or installation costs. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the product only and that Maxim Lighting International is not responsible for any labor incurred. Use of incorrect installation methods and/or bulb wattage will void the warranty.
To obtain warranty service contact Maxim Lighting International either through your Dealer, Contractor or E-tailer, or by writing Maxim Lighting International, Attn: Customer Service Department, 253 North Vineland Avenue, City of Industry, CA 95746, USA, or by calling 1-800-486-2946 from within the USA and 1-626-956-4200 outside of the USA.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING THAT OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. MAXIM LIGHTING INTERNATIONAL AND/OR SELLER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state/province to state/province.