15% off All Maxim / ET2 Lights
Use coupon WARRIOR15 and help support the wounded warrior project! Clearance items not included.
Offer Ends 12/31/2014
|Bulb Base||Candelabra (E12)|
|Collection||Knob Hill DC|
|Light Direction||Ambient Lighting|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year Limited|
|Number of Bulbs||3|
|Path Light Type||Lantern|
|Shade Type||Beveled, Seedy Glass|
|Suggested Room Fit||Outdoor|
|UL Rating||Wet Location|
|Watts Per Bulb||60|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Posts or Pier Mounts Required
- Post Lights cast a wide spread of light - increasing visibility on walkways or entry ways
- Housing is constructed of aluminum - providing years of reliable performance
- Fully covered under Maxim's 1-year limited warranty
- Ambient Light Casts Soft Generalized Illumination Over a Wide Area
- Capable of being dimmed - allowing you to set your desired illumination levels when used with dimmable bulbs
- Pair this post light with outdoor wall sconces from the Knob Hill DC Collection for a uniform look of elegance
- Ultra secure mounting assembly keeps light firmly in place for years to come
- Lantern style shades offer a timeless and appealing look
- Height: 28" (measured from bottom of shade or bulb to highest point on fixture)
- Width: 13" (measured from left most to right most point on fixture)
- Light Source: Incandescent Candelabra (E12) base socket
- Bulb Included: No
- Power Usage Max: 180 watts (at 120 V)
- Location Rating: Wet Location
- Bulb Base - Candelabra (E12): The E12 (Edison 12mm), Candelabra Edison Screw (CES), "Candelabra" is a term for the small-based incandescent light bulbs used in luminaires made for lighting and decoration.
- Compatible Bulb Types: Nearly all bulb types can be found for the E12 Candelabra Base, options include Incandescent, Fluorescent, LED, Halogen, and Xenon / Krypton.
- Number of Bulbs: 3
- Watts Per Bulb: 60
- Wattage: 180
- Voltage: 120
- Average Hours: 1500
- Color Temperature: 2700K
- Lumens: 2016
- Dimmable: Yes
- Energy Star: No
- Dark Sky: No
- Motion Sensor: No
- Photocell: No
- Solar: No
- Post Included: No
- UL Listed - Indicates whether a product meets standards and compliance guidelines set by Underwriters Laboratories. This listing determines what types of rooms or environments a product can be used in safely.
About Maxim Lighting:
- For over four decades Maxim Lighting has been an industry leader of new and innovative lighting designs. It is Maxim’s commitment to its customers that drives their ever evolving design options and unsurpassed quality. From ceiling fans to a wide variety of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures in both classic and contemporary styles, Maxim is a staple of unique elegance that will brighten any home.
Additional Maxim Links
Our SKU: 3461CD
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
1 Question from the Community
Unfortunately, I can't answer the first part of your question. I did some searching around and was unable to find the specific electrical codes in relation to mounting a post lantern on a wooden pole. Under normal circumstances, the Maxim 3461CD is simply fit over the top of a metal pole (once wired of course), and cinched to the pole using the fastening screws on the flange (visible in the product photo). And you are correct, the flange both provides support and hides the wire connections.
I want to install this light over a turned wooden post that i have fabricated. My building inspector is telling me this light has to mount to a junction box with pvc conduit coming into the bottom of the box thru the post. Is this typical? The light is supported by the flange and the flange covers the wiring correct. do you know of a junction box that will fit in the space and accept a post?
A. Unfortunately, I can't answer the first part of your question. I did some searching around and was unable to find the specific electrical codes in relation to mounting a post lantern on a wooden pole. Under normal circumstances, the Maxim 3461CD is simply fit over the top of a metal pole (once wired of course), and cinched to the pole using the fastening screws on the flange (visible in the product photo). And you are correct, the flange both provides support and hides the wire connections.
Maxim Knob Hill DC Collection
Other Products In The Maxim Knob Hill DC Collection
Knob Hill DC 3 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce$128.00-$128.00
Knob Hill DC 2-Bulb Flush Mount Outdoor Ceiling Fi...$140.00-$140.00(2)
Knob Hill DC 3 Light Outdoor Post Light$132.00-$132.00
Knob Hill DC 3 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce$186.00-$186.00
Knob Hill DC 1 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce$90.00-$90.00
With the exceptions listed below, Maxim Lighting International products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for ONE YEAR from date of shipment. The exceptions are:
The CounterMax™ MX-L LED Under Cabinet Lighting 87902WT/SA/MB, 87904WT/SA/MB, and 87906WT/SA/MB will be warranted for normal use for 25 years while the original purchaser owns it. Normal use means residential non-commercial use for no more than 6 hours per day in an environment that does not exceed 77°F.
The CounterMax™ MX-X12 Xenon Under Cabinet Lighting 87849WT/MB, 87851WT/MB, 87852WT/MB, 87853WT/MB, 87859WT/MB, 87861WT/MB, 87862WT/MB, 87863WT/MB will be warranted for normal use for 15 years while the original purchaser owns it. Normal use means residential non-commercial use for no more than 6 hours per day in an environment that does not exceed 77°F.
All Vivex™ outdoor fixtures will be warranted for normal use for 3 years while the original purchaser owns it.
Maxim Lighting International will, at its election, repair, replace or make appropriate adjustment where Maxim Lighting International inspection discloses any such defects occurring in normal usage within one (1) year after date of shipment. Maxim Lighting International is not responsible for removal or installation costs. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the product only and that Maxim Lighting International is not responsible for any labor incurred. Use of incorrect installation methods and/or bulb wattage will void the warranty.
To obtain warranty service contact Maxim Lighting International either through your Dealer, Contractor or E-tailer, or by writing Maxim Lighting International, Attn: Customer Service Department, 253 North Vineland Avenue, City of Industry, CA 95746, USA, or by calling 1-800-486-2946 from within the USA and 1-626-956-4200 outside of the USA.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING THAT OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. MAXIM LIGHTING INTERNATIONAL AND/OR SELLER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state/province to state/province.