|Base Color||Bronze, Nickel|
|Bulb Base||Medium (E26)|
|Bulb Type||Compact Fluorescent, Incandescent|
|Finish Application||Brushed, Polished|
|Light Direction||Ambient Lighting|
|Location Rating||Dry Location|
|Number of Bulbs||1|
|Product Weight||1.26, 7.5|
|Suggested Room Fit||Bedroom, Living Room|
|UL Rating||Dry Location|
|Watts Per Bulb||60|
Single Light 11.25" Height ADA Compliant Wall Sconce with Square Shade
- Off White Linen fabric square shade included with the Bronze finish
- White Linen fabric square shade included with the Brushed Nickel finish
- Designed to cast a soft ambient light over a wide area
- Can be mounted facing upward only
- Capable of being dimmed - allowing you to set your desired illumination levels when used with dimmable bulbs
- ADA compliant
- Suitable for dry locations
- Bulb Base - Medium (E26): The E26 (Edison 26mm), Medium Edison Screw, is the standard bulb used in 120-Volt applications in North America. E26 is the most common bulb type and is generally interchangeable with E27 bulbs.
- Compatible Bulb Types: Nearly all bulb types can be found for the E26 Medium Base, options include Incandescent, Fluorescent, LED, Halogen, and Xenon / Krypton.
- ADA: Yes
- Backplate Height: 4.75"
- Backplate Width: 4.5"
- Bulb Base: Medium (E26)
- Bulb Included: No
- Bulb Type: Compact Fluorescent, Incandescent
- Dimmable: Yes
- Energy Star: No
- Extension: 4" (measured from mounting surface to furthest protruding point on fixture)
- HCO: 9" (height from center of outlet)
- Height: 11.25"
- Location Rating: Dry Location
- Number of Bulbs: 1
- Product Weight: 1.26 lbs, 7.5 lbs
- Reversible Mounting: No
- Shade Height: 6.75"
- Shade Length: 7"
- Shade Material: Fabric
- Shade Width: 4"
- Title 24: No
- ADA Compliance - The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Fixtures hung between 27" and 80" above the floor must have an extension of 4" or less; this applies to wall lights hung in walkways, halls, corridors, passageways or aisles. Ceiling Fixtures must be hung no lower than 80”.
- UL Listed - Indicates whether a product meets standards and compliance guidelines set by Underwriters Laboratories. This listing determines what types of rooms or environments a product can be used in safely.
Since 1954, George Kovacs has been at the forefront of developing the modern and contemporary design concept. These bold ideas have been conceived, then incorporated, into visionary lighting designs. They have become the favorites of today and the bold trendsetting styles of the future. Kovacs lighting fixtures cover the array of indoor lighting including: chandeliers, pendants, wall sconces, lamps, track and under cabinet lighting. Experience for yourself the visionary legacy of George Kovacs in the choice of wall lights in your own home.
Additional Kovacs Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Kovacs Products
Our SKU: GK P470
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Brushed Nickel
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
13 Questions from the Community
The Kovacs GK P470 is 7" in width, 11.5" in height, and it extends 4" from the wall.
What is the size of the fixture?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 is 7" in width, 11.5" in height, and it extends 4" from the wall.
The Kovacs GK P470's country of origin is China.
What is the country of origin of these lights?
A. The Kovacs GK P470's country of origin is China.
The Kovacs GK P470 is not set up to be used with a remote.
Can this light be controlled by remote controll? Hopefully by a wireless remote.
A. The Kovacs GK P470 is not set up to be used with a remote.
The Kovacs GK P470 wall sconce is designed to be hard wired only.
Can this sconce be plugged in and have a local switch or does it need to be hard wired?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 wall sconce is designed to be hard wired only.
The Kovacs GK P470 has to be hard wired and cannot be plugged in.
Can this sconce be plugged into an outlet or does it need to be hard wired?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 has to be hard wired and cannot be plugged in.
The Kovacs GK P470 is only available in white and off white linen shade.
Is there an option for black shades?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 is only available in white and off white linen shade.
Thank you for your question. Yes, the Kovacs GK P470 can be used in a bathroom but is not cleared for damp or wet locations, so it would need to be far enough from a shower to prevent condensation. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
can it be used in a bathroom
A. Thank you for your question. Yes, the Kovacs GK P470 can be used in a bathroom but is not cleared for damp or wet locations, so it would need to be far enough from a shower to prevent condensation. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
The Kovacs GK P470 does come in chrome with a white shade.
Can the chrome finish be ordered with a white lamp shade and if so where do you specify your preference? Thank you
A. The Kovacs GK P470 does come in chrome with a white shade.
The Kovacs GK P470 can only be mounted upwards.
Can this be hung upside down?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 can only be mounted upwards.
The Kovacs GK P470 is a fixture that needs to be hard wired and used with a wall switch, so an electrician is recommended.
does this sconce have a self switch or do you have to get a electrician?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 is a fixture that needs to be hard wired and used with a wall switch, so an electrician is recommended.
The Kovacs GK P470 is a single light and they make a 2 light, GK P472.
Is there a matching collection to view additional pieces?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 is a single light and they make a 2 light, GK P472.
The Kovacs GK P470 has an off white linen shade in the chrome finish.
What is the color of the shade with the chrome finish?
A. The Kovacs GK P470 has an off white linen shade in the chrome finish.
The Kovacs GK P470 does not have an on/off switch on the sconce.
Is there an on/off switch on the sconce itself?
The Kovacs GK P470 does not have an on/off switch on the sconce.
All products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from date of purchase. This warranty is limited to the correction of any such defect, or the replacement of any such defective item(s), provided that: (a) we are properly notified and consent to the return of the item(s) in question: (b) the item(s) is / are returned with proof of purchase date; and (c) it is found upon inspection by us that the item(s) is / are defective as noted above. This warranty does not cover labor costs, consequential damages, nor does it apply to any item(s) that have been improperly installed, overloaded, altered, or otherwise abused by the customer, its agent(s) or employee(s). Finishes are specifically excluded from the terms of this warranty since they are subject to environmental maintenance dames beyond our control. Other than the described obligation, we assume no further liability with respect to the sale or use of our products. We make no warranty, express or implied, and disclaim any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.