Common Tips When Choosing a Chandelier
Where Can You Put a Chandelier?
Chandeliers come in a wide variety of styles, colors, sizes, energy star compliancy and price.
Mini Chandeliers (20'' in diameter and under)
Use over kitchen islands, in a bathroom, bedroom, dressing room or create a special corner.
Mid-Sized Chandeliers (Up to 36'' in diameter)
Use over your dining room table, bedroom, or in a small foyer.
Foyer Chandeliers (36'' in diameter and over)
Use in a large foyers and great rooms.
What Size Chandelier Do You Need?
Professional Design Tips For Hanging Your Chandelier
When Choosing a Chandelier For Your Dining Room
- The chandelier should be about 12" narrower (smaller in diameter) than the width of the table over which it hangs
- When hung, the bottom of the chandelier should be approximately 30 inches above the surface of the dining table to ensure no bumped heads and good illumination
- Pay attention to scale. Bigger is usually better; too often a chandelier can look tiny and be overlooked
When Choosing a Chandelier For Your Foyer or Other Large Room
- When placing a chandelier in the foyer, take into consideration the height of the ceiling and size of the space. Optimal placement would be at least 9 feet from the floor
- If there's a window above the front door, you may want to center it in the window for maximum curb appeal and aesthetics
When Choosing a Chandelier For Any Other Application In Your Home
- Chandeliers can steal the show or be the elegant finishing touch to any room. Decide how you want yours to work in the room of your choice
- A mini-chandelier can add whimsy to a child's bedroom or romance to a dressing room, while a mid-sized or large chandelier can create a commanding and elegant feeling in a master bedroom or formal living room
Wrought Iron 5 Light Down Lighting Chandelier from the Wicker Park CollectionOur Price: $172.55
Elements Series "Crystal Teardrop" Chandelier with Clear Drop Glass Accents, Finished in Polished ChromeOur Price: $138.00
Homestead 9 Light Double Tier ChandelierOur Price: $370.00
Duchess 5 Light 25" Wide Uplight Chandelier with Grey Marble GlassOur Price: $269.99 - $289.99
3 Light 1 Tier Mini Crystal Chandelier from the Mini Chandeliers CollectionOur Price: $163.70