Installations Direct's roster of certified and professional service providers ensures proper installation for a variety of reputable brands of ceiling fans. Call their customer service line at 855-461-5761 with any questions regarding your order. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
When you order professional ceiling fan installation services from Installations Direct, the procedures included with purchase are full circle. Please note this Ceiling Fan installation purchase applies to a 9ft. ceiling or lower and an appropriate fan rated box must be present.
Your service provider will:
- Unpack the new ceiling fan.
- Turn off the power to the ceiling fan being replaced.
- Remove the existing ceiling fan.
- Use the following steps to install the mounting brackets to support the ceiling fan
- Remove the fan motor screws. These screws will be used later to secure the blade arms to the motor.
- Remove the mounting bracket from the fan canopy.
- Secure the mounting bracket to the ceiling electrical box with the mounting screws and lock washers. If the fan comes with a J-hook, install the mounting bracket with the J-hook toward the floor. The hook will support the weight of the fan motor housing for a hands free wiring installation.
- Pull the electrical wires through the center hole of the mounting brackets.
- At this point, If you have a fan with a three-position mount, you’ll need to decide whether to use a close mount or down rod installation. (Down rod installations are used for both standard and angled applications.)
- Use the following steps to install a down rod for your fan.
- Install the down rod into the mount with the ball end toward the ceiling.
- Thread the lead wires from the motor (black, white, and blue) through both the canopy and the down rod. Take extra care NOT to pull on the electrical wires.
- Insert the down rod into the collar yoke and rotate until the holes match. Insert the connector pin through the holes, and secure with a cotter pin. Be careful not to damage or cut the fan wires. Bend the two legs on the cotter pin to ensure that the connector pin doesn’t slip out.
- Affix the hanger and down rod to the motor assembly by tightening the set screw on the side of the down rod. Some fans have two set screws, while others have lock nuts for the set screws.
- Insert the ball into the hanger bracket. The tab opposite the hanger bracket opening should fit into the slot on the ball. Make the appropriate wire connections. Black is hot for the fan; blue is hot for the light kit; white is common for the fan and light kit and green is ground.
- After the connections are made and the wires are carefully tucked into the outlet box, make sure the tab in the bottom of the hanger bracket is seated in the groove of the hanger ball. Slide the canopy up the hanger bracket and permanently attach it with the supplied screws.
- Use the following steps to attach the fan blades using the following steps.
- Mount each blade bracket to a fan; blade using the screws and washers supplied. Start all screws before tightening, then tighten each. Repeat for the remaining blades.
- Follow the same process to mount each blade / bracket assembly to the fan. Make sure all screws are tightened securely.
- Check blade alignment; use a yardstick to determine the distance from the end of each of the blades up to the ceiling.
- Balance the ceiling fan blades.
- Test to ensure the ceiling fan functions properly.
- Clean up and haul away the old ceiling fan and any excess installation-related materials.
Any additional work outside the scope listed above will call for additional time and compensation for the service provider. Should the need for additional work arise in order to complete your installation in a safe and professional manner, Installations Direct will contact you. Installations Direct reserves the right to cancel and refund the entire installation service if no local service provider is available for your location.
To ensure a smooth, safe, and efficient installation process, please be sure that:
- You have purchased a new ceiling fan and inspected it upon delivery, as if it is damaged when the service provider arrives, it will not be able to be installed and you may incur a trip charge of $89.
- A person over 18 years of age and able to make decisions is present during the time of the installation.
- Additionally, a person able to authorize any additional charges, should they arise - and a credit card (Mastercard or Visa) to be processed by Installations Direct - must be present.
- The installation area is free of debris and accessible.
Professional and Personable Service Providers
An Installations Direct certified service provider who works in your community will be providing the service for your order. All Installations Direct ceiling fan service providers are recruited from within the industry and have ample experience with ceiling fans from a wide range of brands. Each Installations Direct service provider has full on-site support to ensure the best installation service possible. Installations Direct has a credentialing process that all service providers must fulfill. Applicants must register and provide proof they are insured, bonded, and licensed, where applicable and must submit to a background check-- requirements that guarantee your service provider has been fully vetted.
You will be contacted by an Installations Direct representative within one business day of your purchase to verify your order. The service provider assigned to your order will then contact you to schedule an appointment that is convenient for you (usually one to two days in advance). Weekend appointments are available. For any customer service related issues, call Installations Direct toll-free at 855-461-5761.
Cancellations and Refunds
To receive a full refund, the service order must be canceled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time. Any cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice are subject to a site visit trip charge of $89.
About Installations Direct
Installations Direct streamlines the process of purchasing services directly from contractors. From installation, delivery, assembly, and other on-site services, Installations Direct uses a vast network of local service providers who are certified, licensed, where applicable, and insured to work on your specific project need. Rest assured that your on-site service is completed professionally and correctly by allowing Installations Direct to do it for you. Whether it’s providing consultations on home décor, installing major appliances and fixtures, or assembling furniture or equipment, Installations Direct's reliable team makes it convenient for you to purchase any number of services.