How Shipping Works
We ship from the big to the small - from chandeliers to lamp shades. As we have such a large selection (over 150,000) shipping prices also vary. To determine what the true shipping price is for your order:
- Find the product you are interested in on our website
- Add it to your shopping cart
- Enter the ship-to zip code
- Choose your shipping method
This will show you the total cost for that shipment, for that item.
Important Tips to Keep in Mind
When trying to figure out what your shipping cost will be:
- The shipping price for each individual item is usually more than the total cost of a shipment. Add all the items to your cart before checking the final shipping price
- We ship by two main methods
- Standard Shipping
- This means UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS or some other common carrier that provides insurance and tracking. Shipping for additional items usually only goes up incrementally, determined by shipment weight
- Freight or "LTL"
- This is reserved for large, heavy or oversized items such as large sinks, bathtubs, shower doors, etc. As these are placed onto a pallet, require a scheduled delivery, extra insurance, the cost to ship by this method is more expensive. Adding additional items to this method does not usually increase the cost by a great amount
- Standard Shipping
- Because we always ship by a trackable method with insurance, there is a minimum for shipping - usually around $5. This can be more expensive when purchasing a $2 part, but it ensures that the delivery is made and that it can be verified
- Free Shipping - LightingShowPlace.com often runs a Free Shipping promotion. Free shipping applies to any items shipped by the "Standard Shipping" method mentioned above. Items shipped by freight are not eligible for free shipping
Should you have any questions about our shipping rates or methods, our customer and product specialists are available to assist.
All shipments to Canada are first sent to our consolidation center in order to generate all documents required by customs. All orders will then ship complete from the consolidation center to the customer. For all Canadian shipments, please add 5-7 days to the normal United States shipment times.
- Charges will include all applicable taxes and duties, and no COD fees will be charged at the time of delivery
- We are currently only offering standard ground and LTL service to Canada
- If you wish to cancel any shipment, you can do so up until the time it's left our drop ship vendor. Once the items are en route to our consolidation center, it then becomes a return and restocking fees may apply
Need to set-up a return? It's easy!
LightingShowPlace.com is the best place to buy products online. We stand behind our products and guarantee your satisfaction with every order.
LightingShowPlace.com promises to deliver high-quality products, in excellent condition, to your door. If, for any reason, your shipment is not satisfactory, we will gladly replace it or accept a return of the merchandise. Please adhere to the following return policy:
The following items may be returned for a refund:
- Merchandise that has not been removed from its original packing.
- Defective merchandise.
- Merchandise that was mispacked or was not shipped correctly.
- Merchandise that has not been installed.
Need to setup a return? Click here to log into your account and setup your return online - 24/7!
At Lighting Showplace we never charge a restocking fee!
We are not responsible for any labor costs, which occur as the result of the installation of wrong or defective parts. In addition we are not responsible for lost shipments. You must file a lost shipment freight claim with the respective shipper.
- Returns can only be made within 30 days of receiving your product(s).
- Exchanges can only be made within 30 days of receiving your product(s);
- All returns must be over $15 in total value. Any return for less than this total amount may not be permitted.
- Merchandise must have not been damaged in freight transit.
Some items LightingShowPlace.com sells are not available in our web catalog but can be purchased over the phone. When you call, a sales associate will notify you of any applicable return charges. If defective, you may only exchange these items for the same product. Please call our customer service number if you are uncertain about any part of this return policy or if you have unanswered questions.
We can process returns and refunds only for items purchased from LightingShowPlace.com or one of its affiliates. To receive a refund, all returned merchandise must be in resalable condition, free from scratches and defects.
You can also cancel items that have not been shipped yet. To cancel an order that has not yet shipped, please call our customer service department immediately. Once an item or an order has been shipped it cannot be canceled, and you will have to process a general return.
Returns Via Mail
Follow the simple directions below to make your return by mail:
- Contact our returns department by telephone or web interface to process your return and receive an RGA (return goods authorization) number. Once you have set up your return by phone you will be e-mailed an RGA number within 2 business days. Along with this return number you will receive a ship-to address where you must send your merchandise to. Be sure to include your RGA number with your merchandise. This number will be used to guarantee you receive your credit.
- Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories with the product to avoid any additional fees.
- We recommend items be returned via UPS or insured parcel post for proof of delivery. Please be certain that items are secure in their packaging so damage does not occur while they are in transit back to our warehouse.
- You are responsible for all freight charges. However, you will be credited all reasonable and customary freight charges relevant to that item if product is defective or the wrong item was shipped.
- Items received past the return period plus reasonable shipping time may not be processed. Only items purchased from LightingShowPlace.com are eligible for return credit. Returned items must be shipped in the original product packaging. Notification will be sent to the e-mail and/or billing address provided should your return not be accepted. Items will be resent to you upon receipt of your payment of freight charges. Items will be deemed abandoned if we are not contacted within 30 days.
We will notify you via e-mail of your refund once we have received and processed the returned item. Please note: we will refund shipping costs only if the return is a result of our error.
We will do our best to process the return quickly. Please allow 14-21 days for processing. Refunds will be credited to the original purchasing credit card account number only. If you paid by check please allow an additional 14-21 days for delivery of check via USPS.
To begin processing a return, please visit our customer service department.