|Diverter Location||Wall Mounted|
|Grohe Technology||SilkMove, StarLight|
|Installation Type||Wall Mounted|
|Number Of Handles||1|
|Number Of Outlets||3|
|Number Of Ports||5|
- Fully covered under Grohe's limited lifetime warranty
- Trim constructed of brass – ensuring durability and providing aesthetic appeal
- Premier finishing process – finishes will resist rusting and corrosion through every day use
- Diverter valve trim - for switching between tub and shower applications
- ADA compliant
- Secure mounting assembly
- All hardware required for installation is included
- Rough-in valve is not included - when adding to cart valve options will be presented
Product Technologies / Benefits:
- Starlight Finish: Continuously improving over the last 70 years Grohe’s unique plating process has been refined to produce and immaculate shiny surface that is recognized as one of the best surface finishes the world over. Grohe plates sub layers of copper and/or nickel to ensure that a completely non-porous, immaculate surface awaits the chrome layer. This deep, even layered chrome surface creates a luminous and mirror like sheen.
- A swinging dial directs water to desired shower function
- Trim Height: 4-5/16" (measured from bottom of trim to top of escutcheon plate)
- Trim Width: 4-5/16" (measured from left most to right most point on escutcheon plate)
- Lever handle included with trim kit
- Rough-in valve sold separately
- Designed for use with standard U.S. plumbing connections
Additional Grohe Links
Our SKU: 19 181
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Brushed Nickel
- Satin Nickel
- Starlight Chrome
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
6 Questions from the Community
The Grohe 19 181 is not designed to control the temperature. It's designed to make water flow from one fixture to another. For example, one setting could be for water to come out of the shower head, where the other setting makes the water come out of the hand shower. This particular one allows for both to be on at the same time as the 3rd setting.
If I used 19 170 to control the temperature, do I have to cancel one of the two inlets in the 5 way diverter valve?
A. The Grohe 19 181 is not designed to control the temperature. It's designed to make water flow from one fixture to another. For example, one setting could be for water to come out of the shower head, where the other setting makes the water come out of the hand shower. This particular one allows for both to be on at the same time as the 3rd setting.
The Grohe 19 181 is exactly what you would need to operate A or B, or A and B. You'll want to use it with the Grohe 19 724 Pressure Balance Valve or the Grohe 19 168 Thermostatic Valve with Volume Control.
I would like to use this to send water to the shower, hand held, or both. What do I need to turn the water on and mix the hot and cold. Can I use the 19 458 or the 19 182 to do that?
A. The Grohe 19 181 is exactly what you would need to operate A or B, or A and B. You'll want to use it with the Grohe 19 724 Pressure Balance Valve or the Grohe 19 168 Thermostatic Valve with Volume Control.
The Grohe 19 181 is not volume control, rather it is a diverter control. It will diverter the flow of water from a shower head to a tub spout or hand shower. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
will this control a tub spout?
A. The Grohe 19 181 is not volume control, rather it is a diverter control. It will diverter the flow of water from a shower head to a tub spout or hand shower. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
The Grohe 19 181 will work with trim 19 724. This will allow you to switch between the shower head and hand held. Your tub spout would need a diverter on it as well so that you can switch from spout to rainhead. These trims would also need their coordinating valves.
Can this diverter control a rainhead, hand shower and tub spout together? Could I use a Grohe 19 724 to complete the control set?
A. The Grohe 19 181 will work with trim 19 724. This will allow you to switch between the shower head and hand held. Your tub spout would need a diverter on it as well so that you can switch from spout to rainhead. These trims would also need their coordinating valves.
The Grohe 19 181 can control those 3 items individually.
Can I use this control with either a hand shower, rain shower or body jets? I only want to use one at a time, not combinations. Thanks.
A. The Grohe 19 181 can control those 3 items individually.
This is a 3 outlet diverter with one shared function and two independent functions.
does this diverter allow a shower and a hand held to be run separately and/or together? What else is needed - a single balance pressure valve??
A. This is a 3 outlet diverter with one shared function and two independent functions.
Grohe Atrio Collection
GROHE provides the following warranties on its products to the original purchaser, installed in a residential application. This warranty is effective for all faucets sold after January 1, 1997.
A Limited Lifetime Warranty is provided on all mechanical parts to be free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the original purchaser owns their home.
General Finish WarrantyTM
A Limited Lifetime Warranty is provided on all GROHE product finishes to the original purchaser against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship. At its option, GROHE will repair or replace any part or finish that proves to be defective in material and/or workmanship under normal installation, use and service.
To obtain warranty repair or replacement the faulty part or product is to be sent along with proof-of-purchase (original sales receipt) from the original consumer purchaser to:
- GROHE America, Inc.
241 Covington Drive
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
This warranty is extended to the original consumer owner, but does not cover installation or any other labor charges and shall not apply to any products or parts of products which have been:
- Repaired by unqualified persons or not using original GROHE spare parts or altered in any manner unless previously authorized in writing by GROHE; or
- Damaged as a result of misuse, negligence, accident or faulty installation or maintenance; or
- Installed or used in a manner contrary to GROHE's printed instructions; or
- Damaged by the effects of dirt, limescale or aggressive cleaners.
This warranty excludes all industrial, commercial, and business usage whose purchasers are extended a one (1) year limited warranty from the date of purchase, with all other terms of this warranty. (See following for commercial products.)
GROHE warrants its products installed in a commercial application to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from the date of acquisition by original owner. Replaced products or parts are warranted only for the period remaining under the initial warranty.
This warranty is limited solely to the above and this warranty and any warranties implied by state law will apply only for the applicable warranty period specified herein. Also, GROHE will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense or incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based on warranty, contract or negligence and arising in connection with the sale, use or repair of the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damage or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Unless otherwise contrary to state law governing the purchase, GROHE's liability will not exceed the contract price for the product claimed to be defective or unsuitable.