|Blades Sold Separately||Yes|
|Bulb Base||Candelabra (E12), Medium (E26)|
|Bulb Type||Compact Fluorescent, Incandescent|
|CUL Rating||Damp Location|
|Energy Efficiency (CFM / Watt)||285|
|Fan Control Type||Remote Control, Wall Control|
|Genre||Transitional, Southwestern, Barn, Rustic / Lodge, Modern, Industrial|
|Light Kit Compatible||Yes|
|Light Kit Included||No|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Lifetime Limited|
|Motor Size||Energy Saving DC|
|Number of Blades||5|
|Suggested Room Fit||Living Room|
|UL Rating||Damp Location|
|Watts Per Bulb||27|
- Remote Control
- Wireless Remote and Receiver
- Energy efficient operation
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- DC Motor for added energy savings
- Remote control
- Blade Span: 70"
- Number of Blades: 5
- Blade Pitch: 14°
- Blades Included: No
- Amperage: 0.47 A
- Motor Type: DC Motor
- Reversible Motor: Yes
- CFM (High): 7695
- RPM (High): 105
- Voltage: 120 V
DC Motor Performance Features:
- Saves 75% more energy versus AC motors
- 6 speed control settings
- Single button reverse settings
- Reaches maximum operating speed quicker than AC motors
- Easy to sync in multiple fan installations (no dip switches in the receiving unit)
- Light weight construction for easier installation
DC Motor Safety Features:
- Motor senses interruption of operation and will discontinue operation if not relieved in three seconds
- Load protection on 40 watts or greater energy consumption
- Each time fan is turned on, it will rotate in the opposite direction for a moment and make a few clicking noises. This is the smart fan speed control calibrating itself to the weight and size of the load.
Sloped Ceiling Specifications:
- For ceilings with slope from 35° to 45°, use the 45AD angled ceiling adapter
High or Low Ceiling Specifications:
- The DC Epic is designed for installation on standard 8 to 9 foot ceilings. If your ceiling is higher, you'll need to purchase an additional downrod. The rule of thumb is that ceiling fans should have a minimum of 7 feet and a maximum of 9 feet of clearance between the bottom of the fan and the floor in order to circulate air efficiently. If you have a low ceiling, purchase the CMA flush mount adapter to reduce the hanging height of your fan.
Suggested Downrod Lengths:
- 9 Foot Ceiling: 6" - 12"
- 10 Foot Ceiling: 12" - 18"
- 11 Foot Ceiling: 18" - 24"
- 12 Foot Ceiling: 24" - 36"
- 13 Foot Ceiling: 36" - 48"
- 14 Foot Ceiling: 48" - 60"
- 15 Foot Ceiling: 60" - 72"
- For ceiling heights greater than 15 feet, you'll need to purchase the downrod Coupler to join two downrods together.
Additional Craftmade Links
Our SKU: DC Epic
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Aged Bronze
- Oiled Bronze
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
6 Questions from the Community
The Craftmade DC Epic does have a 3' downrod and it is available on our site as DR36.
can i get this with a 3 foot downrod?
A. The Craftmade DC Epic does have a 3' downrod and it is available on our site as DR36.
The Craftmade DC Epic in the aged finish would be best. The oiled finish is "live" and would change with the climate.
Living in the south, hot and humid what would be best the oiled or aged blades? Fan will be used under a covered patio.
A. The Craftmade DC Epic in the aged finish would be best. The oiled finish is "live" and would change with the climate.
The Craftmade DC Epic does not come in smaller blades. thank you for you question,
can I get this fan with smaller blades like 56"
A. The Craftmade DC Epic does not come in smaller blades. thank you for you question,
The Craftmade DC Epic should not warp under any seasonal conditions. As long as the fan has a UL Listed as "Damp Location". There should be no issues.
Will the fan blades warp with time and exposure in a 4 season covered porch?
A. The Craftmade DC Epic should not warp under any seasonal conditions. As long as the fan has a UL Listed as "Damp Location". There should be no issues.
The Craftmade DC Epic can be mounted to a ceiling with an angle up to 35 degrees by itself. For a ceiling up to 45 degrees, you will need the Craftmade 45AD sloped ceiling adapter.
Will this fan install on a sloped ceiling or do I need to order additional parts?
A. The Craftmade DC Epic can be mounted to a ceiling with an angle up to 35 degrees by itself. For a ceiling up to 45 degrees, you will need the Craftmade 45AD sloped ceiling adapter.
The Craftmade DC Epic comes with a 6 inch downrod. Additional downrods can be ordered, but the next size up from 6 is 12 inches. I hope this helps.
Can I get this with a 8' down rod?
A. The Craftmade DC Epic comes with a 6 inch downrod. Additional downrods can be ordered, but the next size up from 6 is 12 inches. I hope this helps.
Craftmade Custom Blade Options Collection
Craftmade warrants against defects in materials or workmanship for a minimum of TWO (2) YEARS from date of purchase for use, and agrees to repair or, at our option, replace a defective unit without charge.
IMPORTANT: This Warranty does not cover damage resulting from accident, misuse or abuse, lack of reasonable care (as listed on the instructions), the affixing of any attachment not provided with the product, alteration of any attachments factory installed, loss of parts or subjecting the fixture to any but the specified electrical service.
This warranty does not cover failure of bulbs due to accidents, abuse, misuse, vandalism, power surges, and acts of nature such as lightning damage or any bulbs purchased separately and installed by the consumer or any damage to the fixture caused by a separately purchased bulb.
No responsibility is assumed for any special incidental or consequential damages. Damages occurring during transit are not covered by this warranty.
To obtain warranty service, mail sales receipt as proof of purchase-date, and a brief explanation of the nature of the defect, to P.O. Box 1037, Coppell, TX 75019. You will receive, by mail, a Return Goods Authorization number issued by Craftmade, and returned freight prepaid.