|Base Color||Bronze, Nickel, White|
|Downrod Size(s)||2, 3|
|ETL Rating||Dry Location|
|Energy Efficiency (CFM / Watt)||89|
|Fan Control Type||Pull Chain|
|Light Kit Compatible||Yes|
|Light Kit Included||No|
|Location Rating||Dry Location|
|Low Ceiling Adaptable||Yes|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Lifetime Limited|
|Number of Blades||5|
|Sloped Ceiling Compatible||Yes|
|Suggested Room Fit||Bedroom, Living Room|
|Watts Per Bulb||13, 40, 60|
Academy Indoor Ceiling Fans - The smart-looking Academy teaches an important lesson in design flexibility. Its transitional styling combined with a wide selection of finish options make this ceiling fan a scholarly choice for living rooms, great rooms, bedrooms or almost any other room in the house.
- 2" and 3" Downrods
- Pull Chain Control
- Canopy and Mounting Hardware
- WhisperWind Motor - The WhisperWind motor, available on most Casablanca Fan models, delivers ultra-powerful air movement with whisper-quiet performance. Trust WhisperWind to produce the cooling power you want without the noise you don’t.
- Blades Sold Separately - Add To Cart To See Available Options
- 4 Speed Energy Star® Rated Reversible AC Motor
- Installer's Choice® three-position mounting allows flush mounting for 8 foot ceilings, standard mounting with downrod, or angled mounting for vaulted ceilings
- Light kit installation is optional - includes matching cap for non-light use
- Sloped ceiling compatible with additional downrod (sold separately)
- Hands-free hanging system makes installation easy and reduces wobble during operation
- Limited lifetime motor warranty
- Blade Span: 54 Inches
- CFM High: 7156.62
- CFM Medium: 5148
- CFM Low: 4020
- Blade Pitch: 13°
- Canopy Diameter: 6.49"
- Canopy Height: 2.75"
- Sloped Ceiling Compatible: Yes (with additional downrod)
- Fan Control Type: Pull Chain (optional remote can be purchased separately)
- Location Rating: Dry (Indoor)
- Voltage: 120v
Suggested Downrod Lengths:
- 9 Foot Ceiling - 12 Inch Downrod
- 10 Foot Ceiling - 18 Inch Downrod
- 11 Foot Ceiling - 24 Inch Downrod
- 12 Foot Ceiling - 36 Inch Downrod
- 13 Foot Ceiling - 48 Inch Downrod
- 14 Foot Ceiling - 60 Inch Downrod
- 15 Foot Ceiling - 72 Inch Downrod
Money Saving Tip:
- To cut cost and save energy, turn off your ceiling fan when you leave the room. Fans cool people, not rooms.
Additional Casablanca Links
Our SKU: Academy
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Brushed Nickel
- Maiden Bronze
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Snow White
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
6 Questions from the Community
There are two compatible remote controls for this fan Casablanca model numbers: W-28 and W-28W (both dual slide wall controls).
Is there a remote control available to purchase for this fan?
A. There are two compatible remote controls for this fan Casablanca model numbers: W-28 and W-28W (both dual slide wall controls).
The Casablanca Academy can work with the W-52 model wall control.
Can you buy a wall control for this fan?
A. The Casablanca Academy can work with the W-52 model wall control.
The Casablanca Academy is compatable with many downrods ranging from 6" to 96".
Does this fan have down rods longer than 36"?
A. The Casablanca Academy is compatable with many downrods ranging from 6" to 96".
The Casablanca Academy can be installed with a 3" down rod.
How close can you hang this fan to the ceiling? Can it be hardwired to a switch that will control the speeds and directions?
A. The Casablanca Academy can be installed with a 3" down rod.
The Casablanca Academy is compatible with all Casablanca light kits.
what light kits are compatible with this fan?
A. The Casablanca Academy is compatible with all Casablanca light kits.
The Casablanca Academy unfortunately cannot be flush mounted.
Can this be a flush mount fan?
A. The Casablanca Academy unfortunately cannot be flush mounted.
Casablanca Academy Collection
With a newly simplified and enhanced Warranty Policy and an improved and expanded Service Center network,Casablanca Fan Company now offers the most comprehensive warranty and service programs in the fan business! Refer to the 2007 Product Warranty Chart on page 2 to see which of the following warranty provisions apply to specific fan models. Please note that high ceiling installations no longer are excluded from warranty. Casablanca’s goal is guaranteed satisfaction in our long-term relationships with both consumers and dealers!
120-Day In-Home Warranty Where available, Casablanca provides FREE In-Home Service for a period of 120 days from the date of purchase or installation of all Casablanca brand fans, including Performance and Cosmopolitan Collection models! Rather than returning the product to the dealer, consumers who need assistance with the installation or operation of their fans are encouraged to call Casablanca’s toll-free Consumer Affairs hotline at 1-888-227-2178. Within the first 120 days: Casablanca will send a field representative to repair or replace the part(s) deemed to be defective from the factory. Most Service Center contracts cover up to a 30-mile radius from their place of business. (Casablanca will not cover repairs caused by improper installation.) After 120 days, the consumer will be charged for the service call and labor. Casablanca will pay for all defective parts through the duration of the parts warranty. NOTE: The consumer must provide a copy of the Proof of Purchase at the time of service. Service Centers are required to submit a Proof of Purchase with each warranty claim. If no In-Home Service is available: The consumer may send an in-warranty fan to Casablanca Factory Service in Pomona, Calif., for repair, now with freight prepaid. The fan must be packaged properly and include a copy of the Proof of Purchase. The fan will be repaired and returned to the consumer at no charge, freight prepaid. 30-Day Over-the Counter Exchange Consumers can return a defective product to the dealer who sold the product within 30 days of the purchase or installation. Under Casablanca’s updated, less complicated policy, the dealer will be issued credit provided that the following conditions are met:
• Consumer must present serial number, Proof of Purchase, or proof of installation documenting that the product was purchased or installed within 30 days.• Product returned to Casablanca must be accompanied by an RGA form authorized by the Casablanca sales representative.
• Product must be returned complete. If parts are missing, credit will be issued less the amount of the missing parts.
• Merchandise cannot be damaged due to improper packaging.
• Product must be returned freight-prepaid, and a freight bill must be submitted.
• Unauthorized returns of non-defective or unused products will be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Lifetime Motor Warranty + One-Year Parts/Electronics Warranty Casablanca brand fans, including all UL Damp and Wet rated models, now include a Lifetime Motor Warranty, ensuring performance for generations. In addition, all fans include a one-year warranty on finish, component parts, accessories, and electronics.