We still have product details, accessories, replacement parts and reviews below, scroll down to see them!
|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Function||Attic Fan, Solar|
|Installation Type||Gable Mount|
Gable Mounted Attic Ventilation Fan with Remote Solar Panel, Up to 1600 Sq Ft, Flush Mount, 5 Year Warranty, 20W Solar
With a gable mount installation, the fan is installed in the side or gable of the attic. Because the gable may not face the sun, the product utilizes the same remote panel as found in the remote roof mounts. The panel is installed on the roof where it captures the sun’s energy and powers the fan via a 15’ wire. As with the remote mount fan, the homeowner can add up to 50’ of wire if necessary.
- 7-1/2" High Profile, Flush Mount Design
- 20 Watt, State-Of-The-Art Solar Panel Circuitry Captures Sunlight Even On Overcast Days. Totally Weatherproof Panels Designed For Optimum Efficiency Constructed Of Tempered Glass To Resist Hail And Extreme Weather Conditions
- Dome And Base Molded With Uv-Stabilized Abc Color-Dyed Plastic To Prevent Damage From Sunlight And Provide Greater Stability. Low Profile, Square Design Integrates Well With Shingles
- Hurricane Rated To 140 Mph Winds
- Whisper-Quiet, Direct Current, Variable Voltage, Sealed Ball Bearing And Hardened Shaft Motor With Steel Motor Housing Dynamically Balanced For Superior Performance
- Specially Designed One Piece, 12" Aluminum 5 Blade Fan Pitched For Maximum Air Flow. Operates Quietly With No Harmonic Noise
- Heavy Gauge, Stainless Steel Bird And Rodent Screen With 1/8" Openings Provides Maximum Protection From Insects And Animals Without Impeding Air Flow
- One Unit Ventilates Attic Spaces Up To 1600 Sq Ft
- 5 Year limited Defective Parts And Labor Warranty
Additional Broan Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Broan Products
- Shop All Broan Solar PAV Collection Products
- Buy Replacement Parts For Broan 353SO
Our SKU: 353SO
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
2 Questions from the Community
The Broan 353SO is not designed to need a shutter, per the manufacturer, as the fan is not actually strong enough to require one.
How much is the auto shutter for this unit?
A. The Broan 353SO is not designed to need a shutter, per the manufacturer, as the fan is not actually strong enough to require one.
For the Broan 353SO, the best exposure is usually the south side of your home, but this is not always true. You just need to monitor how the sun falls and decide which area gets the most exposure for your particular installation.
What exposure do you need to place the solar panel on?. How is the fan rated CFM? What is the CFM? How does the remote panel mount?
A. For the Broan 353SO, the best exposure is usually the south side of your home, but this is not always true. You just need to monitor how the sun falls and decide which area gets the most exposure for your particular installation.
Broan Solar PAV Collection
Broan-NuTone LLC warrants to the original consumer purchaser of its products that such products will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period noted in the chart to the left from the date of original purchase. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. During the stated warranty period, Broan-NuTone LLC will, at its option, repair or replace, without charge, any product or part which is found to be defective under normal use and service. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND TO FLUORESCENT LAMP STARTERS, TUBES AND BULBS, FUSES, FILTERS, DUCTS, ROOF CAPS, WALL CAPS AND OTHER ACCESSORIES FOR DUCTING. This warranty does not cover (a) normal maintenance and normal service or (b) any products or parts which have been subject to misuse, negligence, accident, improper maintenance or repair (other than by Broan-NuTone LLC), faulty installation or installation contrary to recommended installation instructions. Labor to remove and replace products is not covered. The duration of any implied warranty is limited to the time period specified for the express warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. BROAN-NUTONE LLC’S OBLIGATION TO REPAIR OR REPLACE, AT BROAN-NUTONE LLC’S OPTION, SHALL BE THE PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY. BROAN AND/OR NUTONE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PRODUCT USE OR PERFORMANCE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty supersedes all prior warranties. - See more at: http://www.broan.com/customer-technical-service-support/warranty#sthash.EI5GIGKP.dpuf